Matlock Canoe Club
Rules and Regulations
1. As an affiliated Club, the rules of the British Canoe Union are included in the rules of Matlock Canoe Club.
2. All members of the Canoe Club and invited visitors to the club must be able to swim 50m before taking part in canoeing activities.
3. Members must respect all property and possessions, whether they be their own, other club members, the club or any outside party, at all times whilst on Canoe Club activities.
4 All food and rubbish must be removed from the area of activity before departure, canoes and equipment must be left in a clean orderly condition.
5. Members of all classes may not borrow, without the owner’s permission, canoes, paddles or equipment.
6. When borrowed equipment is lost or damaged, the person responsible is expected to compensate the owner, in the case of a dispute the committee will be the ruling body.
7. Personal flotation device (PFD); also referred to as a life jacket or approved buoyancy aid as a minimum with helmets must be worn on ALL outdoor activities. The use of the helmet is compulsory when canoeing on moving water, including sea and surf.
8. The Can Club cannot be held responsible for loss of equipment, property or damage / injury to members or third party.
9. British Canoe Union subscriptions are not included in the Clubs membership subscription.
10. A member may introduce visitors to the Club if their attendance become regular they are expected to apply for membership.
11. Club Members must not cause annoyance to residents, landowners or fishermen in the vicinity of canoeing. Members are expected to show courtesy if approached over any matter or report difficulties to the committee immediately.
12. On official Club activity the organising officer has the right to allow any member whom in his /her opinion is not properly equipped to take part in the activity.
13. Members will abide by the British Canoe Union and Matlock Canoe Clubs Access Agreement on all waterways.
14. All Matlock Canoe Club members and invited guests shall abide by the clubs rules and regulations.
15. Parents should sign all membership forms, if the member is under 18 years of age.
16. Each Member shall be given access to an up-to-date set of club rules and regulations on the clubs website and will deemed to have agreed, upon receiving membership.
17. The Matlock canoe Club constitution shall be read in conjunction with the above rules and regulations.
Signed ………………………..…..Vice Chairperson